These days, it’s fairly easy to find a roofing company with nothing more than a few clicks. Still, this doesn’t mean all roofing contractors are as committed to customer satisfaction as the ones you’ll find when visiting cperoofing.com for your roofing needs. We think it’s important for anyone needing reliable roofing results to feel comfortable about the company they choose. This is why we believe a reputable roofing company should be able to answer the five important questions – or categories of questions – discussed below.
- Basic Credibility Questions
The first set of questions you’ll want to ask are ones that allow you to determine how credible a roofing company is. Doing so can provide added protection against bad business practices and poor roofing work. Credibility questions include:
- What’s your legal business name? – allows you to do a proper search on the company
- Are you Better Business Bureau accredited?
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you licensed in this state? – and Can I have your license number?
- Questions About Insurance
Each state has basic requirements for roofing liability insurance. Do some homework to find out what the minimum requirements are for your area. You can then get a better idea of whether or not to be satisfied with answers to questions such as:
- Are you fully insured?
- What level of roofing insurance do you have?
- Do you have any additional insurance beyond what’s required?
- Project Supervision Questions
A reputable roofing company should provide some level of supervision for each roofing project. This doesn’t mean the owner has to be on site for every job. However, it’s good to know if there will be a project manager or someone acting in a similar capacity to supervise or coordinate the work. Questions covering this topic could include:
- How do you supervise each job?
- Who will be the contact person throughout the duration of the roofing work?
- How accessible are you?*
*This will give you an idea of whether or not you’ll be able to contact someone quickly if you have questions as the work proceeds.
- Questions About Pre-Work Estimates
Most homeowners don’t want to have roofing work done and only find out the final cost when everything is done. Ideally, you want as much information as you can get about what you can expect to pay before you agree to anything. Estimate-related questions to ask include:
- Do you offer no-obligation pre-work estimates?
- Is this estimate close to what I can expect to pay when the work is done?
- Can I get your estimate in writing before I agree to anything?
- How much do you normally charge per square foot?
- Questions Related to the Quality of the Work You Can Expect
These are questions you’ll ask to get a better idea of whether or not a roofing company is out for a fast buck or if they truly do what’s best for the customer. Questions of this nature include:
- Do you do roof layovers? – refers to placing new shingles over old ones*
- What kind of roofing materials do you normally use?
- Do you offer additional guarantees or warranties beyond what’s offered by the manufacturer of the materials you’ll use?
*If the answer is instantly “yes,” consider this a red flag. While there are times when re-roofing or roof layovers are appropriate, a reputable roofing company won’t automatically suggest this option without first checking out your roof.
At CPE IS LIFE, our specialty is top-quality residential roofing. We’ll gladly answer any questions you may have in addition to the ones already discussed here. Visit us a cperoofing.com to learn more about our services.